Work Safer. Work Smarter. Work Anywhere.
The MTP8000Ex Series TETRA ATEX radios deliver powerful audio, enhanced coverage, extended battery life, greater ruggedness, advanced ergonomics and increased usability, so personnel working in the most extreme environments have the ability to work safer, work smarter and work anywhere. Meeting the latest ATEX and IECEx standard, this next generation of TETRA ATEX radios has been specifically designed for end-users who work in areas with potentially explosive gases or chemical vapours, flammable liquids or combustible dust.
The MTP8550Ex portable radio delivers powerful features and user benefits, in a form factor that features a full keypad ideally suited for those users who require features offered by an expanded keyboard. Its ergonomic design enables easy operation by offering innovative features such as top display, t-bar shaped grip and color display. The MTP8550Ex TETRA ATEX radio is optimized for use without getting in your way and designed for operation while wearing protective gloves and equipment.
LOUD AND CLEAR AUDIO
The MTP8000Ex Series is optimised for excellent audio performance in all types of noisy environments. Audio through both the speaker and accessories is clearer, even at full volume, and the user can be heard clearly against the loudest background noise.
The MTP8000Ex Series radios are built to work in the toughest and most hazardous environments, in both the cold and wet or the dust and heat, with IP65, IP66 and IP67 ratings.
The MTP8000Ex Series has been engineered to redefine usability, from the T-Bar profile to the exaggerated control knob, tactile keypad, enlarged emergency button and textured PTT button.
EASIER TO USE
With intuitive user interface, innovative nameplate, large main display and the secondary top display making it easier to see emergency notifications, talk group status or battery condition, the MTP8000Ex Series is designed to be easier to use.
High receiver sensitivity and high transmit power gives the MTP8000Ex Series greater coverage and enhanced in-building performance. For ultimate safety, the radio is fitted with an LED coverage indicator at the base of the antenna, alerting the user when coverage is poor.
Secure Bluetooth wireless technology is integrated in to the MTP8000Ex Series, ensuring that a range of wireless accessories and collaborative devices can be securely and reliably paired with the radios.
EXTENDED BATTERY LIFE
With an extended battery life in excess of 16 hours, workers can be confident that the MTP8000Ex Series radios will be ready for a longer shift in the event of emergencies or unplanned situations.
- Gas: II 2G Ex ib IIC T4 Gb
- Dust: Class II 2D Ex ib IIIC T90°C Db
- Triple Certification: ATEX, IEC Ex, FM
- Frequency Band (MHz): 350-470
- Transmitter RF Power class 3L & class 4
- Receiver class A and B
- Receiver Static Sensitivity: -116dBm (min); -118dBm (typical)
- Receiver Dynamic Sensitivity : -107 dBm (min); -109 dBm (typical)
- Audio Power: >1.2W Integrated audio howling supression
- Operating Temperature (°C): -30 to +55
- Storage Temperature (°C): -40 to +85
- Humidity: ETS 300-019-1-7 Class 7.3E, MIL STD 810 D, E, F, G
- Dust and Water: IP64, IP65, IP66 & IP67 per IEC-60079-0:2011 & IEC-60529
- Shock, drop and vibration: ETS 300-019 1-7 class 5M3; MIL-STD 810 D/E/F/G
- Air Interface Encryption Algorithms: TEA1, TEA2, TEA3